Tuesday, April 21, 2009

How does one come about this sort of blog? Well you take a person who has a sense for adventure you get her married, throw in a house to take care of, and a business to run, then the two become three, and you have Trinity. Trinity is my gift from above. She came here to rescue me, and I suppose she's hear to learn a few things from me too. God only knows whats in store for us. I'm just trying to make sense of it all.

This was inspired by a few people in my life. Of course my daughter, and a friend ,and sister. As I listened to a friend talk about a past trip they had done. I suddenly felt trapped, and very aware of the simple truth that I will no longer be able to embark on any new adventures. Actually, I have never done most of the adventuresome activities I dreamed of. I think that made it even worse to tolerate the bitterness that crept into my soul. I need to SEE, HEAR, TASTE, EXPERIENCE what is out there. It's in my blood! However, it is also in my blood to be the responsible, loving caring, nurturing, mother and wife that I have been called to at this time. As many of us are.... I'm torn!

As I vented to my sister, she began to explain to me that this is my adventure. Motherhood! An adventure? I guess... Everyday is different. I never know what to expect. She does grow so fast and learns so quickly. I do get to HEAR the laughter and the cries. I also get to SMELL the diapers, and TASTE the baby food when I am checking for the right temp. I do SEE the adventure when I look for it. I am a mother I get to EXPERIENCE everything my Trinity does. What an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment